Quails’ Gate VQA Pinot Noir 2008
- Dark ruby in colour.
- Fruity aromas of pure cherry with a mineral complexity, savoury spice and lingering fragrance greet the nnose.
- Balanced cherry flavour runs on layers of fine tannins with a long and fresh finish.
- Quails’ Gate recommends pairing this wine with grilled salmon with roasted beet salad or quail over pancetta and baby arugula.
- Silver Medal - Canadian Wine Awards 2010 (BC)
- “ Lightly grilled sweet herbs, floral lifts, griotte cherry and woodsy scents greet the nose in this trim pinot. Juicy, streamlined red fruits, vigorous acidity, mild tannins and distinct minerality are deftly balanced. Winemaker Grant Stanley’s elegant and clean pinots are cool-climate gems. Try with salmon burgers or teriyaki grilled chicken.” 89 points, DJ Kearny, Wine Access Magazine, September 2011.
- 14 %
- Sourced entirely from Quails’ Gate estate vineyards on the slopes of Mt. Boucherie. After going through extended maceration where it stayed in contact with its skins for about 20 days, the wine was barrel aged entirely in French oak (15% new, 85% 1-3 year old) for 11 months.
TIP: Print this page and use it for tasting notes
To order please call 416.694.3689 or click here and we will confirm availability, price and delivery by e-mail.
© 2001 Hobbs & Co. Wine Merchants. All rights reserved. - 1062