Tenuta Olim Bauda La Villa Barbera D’Asti DOCG 2007
- A classic, mouthwatering barbera with a deep, bright ruby-red colour with
- A rich concentrated nose of cherry and berry aromas.
- Dense, crisp and supple with plum, cherry and strawberry flavours. The
palate is generous and full-bodied with a long and enticing finish.
- In summer, a luxurious BBQ wine to serve with grilled lamb or juicy pork chops. In winter, think comfort food such as spare ribs and roasted potatoes. By a cosy fire.
- “The 2007 Barbera d’Asti La Villa reveals a relatively easygoing, feminine expression of this grape in its super-ripe red fruits, flowers and spices. The wine shows good focus as well as balance in an engaging style. Anticipated maturity: 2009-2012. Score: 88” Antonio Galloni, www.erobertparker.com, Aug. 2009
- Hand harvested. A 12-day fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel vats. Bottled nine months later. The wine sees no oak.
TIP: Print this page and use it for tasting notes
To order please call 416.694.3689 or click here and we will confirm availability, price and delivery by e-mail.
© 2001 Hobbs & Co. Wine Merchants. All rights reserved. - 1146