Tinpot Hut Sauvignon Blanc 2010
- Tinpot Hut
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- New Zealand
- Inv Status:
- In Inventory
- Bottle size:
- Lifted, intense aromas of blackcurrant, fresh crushed lemongrass and thyme with passionfruit highlights.
- A complex wine with classic Blind River characters showing blackcurrant bud, sweet herbs and underlying ripe fruit and mineral notes. This wine is pleasingly rich and powerful with a well balanced acidity that leads to a long lingering finish.
- Seared scallops with Prosciutto and parsnip puree.
- Commended - Decanter World Wine Awards 2011
Gold - Sommelier Wine Awards 2010
- “A typically green and grassy example of New Zealand sauvignon, with plenty of citrus, green apple and lime notes alongside grapefruit and green passion fruit. The palate is both generous and tart, with 13.5% alcohol and a sensation of residual sweetness balanced against high acid; finish is moderate. All in all, clean, modern, fresh and well made in a commercially appealing style.” 87 points, John Szabo, www.winealign.com.
Extremely grassy and herbal and refreshing. Ultimate salad and veggie wine.- nataliemaclean.com, 88/100
- 13 %
- Picked at optimum maturity in cool conditions. After harvest, the fruit was transported to the winery with haste for immediate pressing, with minimal skin contact to prevent juice deterioration. After settling, each batch was cool fermented in stainless steel tanks using a variety of cultured yeasts to add complexity to the blend, and to retain the fresh fruit characteristics from each of the vineyards. Shortly after fermentation, each batch was assessed and the best parcels were selected and blended before being carefully balanced and prepared for bottling.
TIP: Print this page and use it for tasting notes
To order please call 416.694.3689 or click here and we will confirm availability, price and delivery by e-mail.
© 2001 Hobbs & Co. Wine Merchants. All rights reserved. - 1398